Music and drumming play important roles in Korean performing arts and in HTY’s production as well. One enjoyable experience is to combine art and music to build hand drums.
- A pringles canister, or similar round container.
- Craft knife
- A wooden dowel. Tip: if you get a 6-inch dowel instead of a 12 inch one, you don’t need to break it!
- Good hole punch
- Decorative tape (such as washi or glitter tape.)
- Decorative duct tape, preferably narrow.
- Two balloons. This might be hit-and-miss depending on your container size so consider
having a few sizes to experiment with.
- Ribbon or string
- Large wooden Beads (make sure the ribbon is a good size to go through the beads and
then tie a secure knot)
For full instructions:
Download PDF of This Activity