After seeing the HTY show, guide students to compare and contrast Cinderella tales from other places to explore how Cinderella tales are the same and different.
Read a new Cinderella tale (see below for suggestions). Draw a Compare/Contrast Venn diagram on the board or distribute copies of one. Guide students to complete the diagram, noting both the similar and the different.
- Abadeha, the Philippine Cinderella
- Billy Beg and his Bull: an Irish Tale
- The Enchanted Anklet: A Cinderella Story from India
- In the Land of Small Dragon: A Vietnamese Folktale
- Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters: An African Tale
- Prince Cinders by Babette Cole
- Sumorella by Sandy Takayama
- The Gift of the Crocodile by Judy Sierra
- “Cinderella,” in Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl