- Which character were you most interested in? What did that character do that you enjoyed watching?
- Which character changed the most in the story? What changed about the character? Describe the character’s personality at the beginning of the story. Describe the difference at the end.
- Which character made you upset? Why? What did that character do that was upsetting?
- Which character surprised you? How did that character surprise you?
- Which words would you use to describe which characters?
- What did you like best about the story? Which part of the story would you like to see again?
- What was each of the characters trying to achieve? What was each fighting against?
- What surprised you in the story? What upset you?
- This play shows how the children of Hawaii’s kings and queens acted when they went to the famous school called ‘The Royal School.’ What did the characters feel about school? Why did they feel that way? How were the children in the play the same or different from you?
- Some of the royal children liked their teachers. Some did not. Why did the royal children like or dislike their teachers?
- Responsibility – the royal children talk a lot about their responsibility to the culture and people of Hawaii. How might a King or Queen be responsible for their culture? How should they treat the people of their kingdom? Why do you think that?
- What made the royal children’s life difficult? What made their life easy?