Guide students to create a collage that exemplifies their own cultural identity.
- student-selected images and pictures
- Copy and distribute the My Culture/My Self page.
- Guide students to write ideas about themselves in each of the four categories.
My Family Background: Where does your family come from (what countries or
Family Traditions: What special holidays does your family celebrate?
Where I Live: What neighborhood do you live in? What’s special about it?
Cultural Traditions: What activities are you involved in? (Hula, lion dancing, taekwondo,
- Assign students to collect images related to each of the categories (pictures, magazine
clippings, internet sources)
- Guide students to either rip or cut out the images and attach them to the back of their
- Guide students to share their My Culture/My Self pages with each other, discussing their
personal cultural history.