Honolulu Theatre for Youth is hiring a full-time Community Relations-Development- Marketing Assistant to join its Development/Marketing Team.
Reports to: Managing Director.
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week- must be available some evenings and weekends.
Start Date: Immediate.
The Marketing/Development Team is responsible for developing the marketing and fundraising strategy for the organization. The Team is responsible for all earned revenue streams, including subscription and single ticket sales and individual and corporate contributions. To this end the Marketing Team oversees the design, creation and distribution of all printed materials. The Marketing Team is also responsible for HTYs digital media strategy, including oversight and updating of the company’s website, email distribution, and all other social media. The Marketing/Development Team is responsible for all press and public relations for the company, its departments, performances and other activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Managing Director & Marketing/ Development Team in all aspects of the work of the Team.
- Content creation for existing social media platforms of HTY – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter; Develop strategy for live-streaming platforms.
- Update online event calendars at HPR, American Theatre Magazine, etc.
- Coordinate details relating to HTY’s relationships with community, government, corporate and promotional partners.
- Assist in the distribution of printed materials – posters and leaflets.
- Prepare and send promotional tickets to radio stations for each public show.
- Coordinate distribution and airing of TV PSAs
- Research, write and distribute press announcements relating to HTY public performances, drama education classes, affiliated events & performances, personnel, grants, awards etc. Determine story angles and follow up to ensure placement in media.
- Assist in the maintenance of the HTY website and update as appropriate.
- Maintain the customer database.
- Provide marketing support for all departments and activities, including fundraising events and education programs.
- Coordinate materials relating to production and event playbills.
- Design and distribute enewsletter and eblasts through Icontact.
- Assist in the Box Office as required.
- Represent HTY at external events.
- Liaison with and escort press at HTY events
- Any other duties as may be determined by the Managing Director.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing/Communications preferred).
- One year of experience in the marketing/communications department of a similar organization (performing arts preferred).
- Knowledge of theatre and the arts desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Copywriting & editing experience is desirable.
- Proficient in WordPress,
- Experience with Photoshop and Premiere Elements helpful.
Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiastic champion of the organization and of theatre as an art-form.
- Self-motivator with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in new technologies and social media.
- Non-profits, the arts, & sales present unique challenges on their own; this type of work combines them all. The ability to laugh & at times, to cheerlead, is required.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and the names & contact information of three references to Becky Dunning, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Honolulu Theatre for Youth, 1149 Bethel Street, Suite 700, Honolulu, HI 96813 by Monday, January 28, 2019.
Honolulu Theatre for Youth is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.